Tuesday 1 March 2011

Fight The Power! But Don’t Arrest Me, I’m Disabled, You Know!

A teenage political activist has accused armed police of being heavy-handed after he was arrested for scrawling on a shop wall during a demonstration.
Why? Did they pistol-whip him?
Unemployed Mr Miller, who has Asperger’s syndrome, was taken into custody and spent 19 hours at Colchester police station before being freed.
Ah. Of course. The disability ‘get out of jail free’ card wasn’t respected. Which reminds me, whatever happened to Jody MacIntyre's complaint? I mean, after all that fuss, he did make one, didn't he?

Or is he too content simply to whine to the local newspaper, where they won't actually investigate, but simply print?
Mr Miller described his arrest as heavy-handed, explaining: “When I saw the police, I felt pretty terrified, to be honest.

I didn’t know what they were going to do. …
You were in Essex. Not Ecuador. You were pretty safe from extra-judicial execution, no matter what your more excitable chums at university might have told you…
“They made me stand up and searched through all my things in front of the whole library. It was embarrassing and I felt completely humiliated.
Yeah, it’s all fun until somebody gets hurt questioned politely, isn’t it?
“I had only used a water-based pen and I would have washed it off if they had asked me to. I certainly never meant to cause any permanent damage.”
If it had been me who caught you, I’d have made you lick it off. You got away lightly…
An Essex Police spokesman confirmed Mr Miller was arrested by armed response officers, because they were the only officers available.
So stop whinging.

8 comments:

Dick Puddlecote said...

Presumably, he believes 'political activists' should have rights not to be arrested for defacement? Sheesh, what a limp chimp he is.

Mark Wadsworth said...

From page 12 of today's Metro:
Jail for cheating wife who fell pregnant and cried rape

Roue le Jour said...

they were the only officers available.

I have a feeling we'll being seeing more of that line.

JuliaM said...

"From Page 12 of.."

Oh yes, that's coming up! Actually, it'll be the second of today's fake rape stories.

Anonymouslemming said...

@Julia

Actually, it'll be the second of today's fake rape stories.

It can't possibly be. They're rare, aren't they ?

dr cromarty said...

Hardly Dietrich Bonhoeffer is he?

JuliaM said...

"I have a feeling we'll being seeing more of that line."

I wonder what the inquest into the Derrick Bird rampage will provoke..?

"Hardly Dietrich Bonhoeffer is he?"

No indeed!

Hogdayafternoon said...

I wonder if our brother and sister citizens in other countries around the globe, including Northern Ireland of course, are shocked when UNarmed police turn up to deal with them? From my experiencees working alongside American police, the public would not only be shocked, they'd be bloody outraged and reaching for their lawyers.