Saturday 26 March 2011

Vibrant Enrichment In Sheffield!

Extra police patrolled the streets of a Sheffield community last night – one week to the day that an 18-year-old man was killed.

Detectives investigating the death of 18-year-old Abdulla Awil Mohamed, from Burngreave, used the occasion to renew their appeal for witnesses or anyone who has any information to come forward.
Hmmm, who could the culprits possibly be? White supremacists?
Officers patrolled Coleridge Road, Darnall, where the Sheffield Hallam University engineering student died after he was hit by a car which had mounted the pavement.

Police also patrolled Staniforth Road, Darnall, where there had been another disturbance on the night Abdulla died.

There were a number of incidents in Darnall on the night of the murder, which are all being looked at to establish possible links with the fatal incident.
Residents claim mobs of rival youths had clashed
Ah. Say no more.

Any suspects?
Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 19, of Swarcliffe Road, Darnall, Muhibur Rahman Jahangir, 19, of Flaxby Road, Darnall, Aminur Mohammed Rahman, 20, of Jubilee Road, Darnall, and Nizamul Hoque, 19, of Willow Drive, Handsworth, have all been charged with murder.
Ah. Say no more indeed.

I remember Sheffield. One of my aunts used to live there. I remember it as quite run-down, clearly a faded old industrial town gone to seed, but still the sort of place where strangers smiled at you in the local shop, and less than an hours drive would see you in the middle of beautiful unspoilt Yorkshire countryside.

I doubt I’d recognise it now, were I ever to be stupid enough to go back…

Could be worse, mind you. Could be Leicester!

And I know that Yorkshire of my childhood still exists. But how long will even those places resist?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sheffield hasn't changed, it is still a shithole.

English Viking said...

Julia,

I jumped the sinking ship Britannia a few years ago.

Someone asked me if I ever miss England; I replied that I missed it before I even left. The country I was born in does not exist anymore. It has been overrun with alien cultures, religions and people, tossers with clipboards and a uniform and worst of all, those with Stockholm Syndrome that think everything is fine. Disaster on a Biblical scale is looming. Really.

If I were you, I'd leave. While there is still time.

Anonymous said...

Objection, Mr Crun! As a one time Sheffielder I think it is an honest shithole, rather than pretentious shithole as some places are.

Having said that, it was in Burngreave -- which to locals explains a lot and doesn't surprise me at all.

As for you Mr Viking, go where exactly? You may not have noticed but the allah-lovers, uniforms and clip-boarders are getting everywhere.

English Viking said...

Anonymous,

Try a non EU country.

I did.

JuliaM said...

"If I were you, I'd leave. While there is still time."

As anon points out, where to? The US, Canada and Australia are all afflicted by progressives. I love the cold, but I don't much fancy Antarctica...

Anonymous said...

Allah-lovers?

Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sure how I stumbled across your page but let me just set you straight. Anyone who loves God, or "Allah-lovers," as you call them, would not take the life of an innocent person. Don't confuse culture with religion, if everyone were a faithful God lover the world would be a better place, exempt of murder and other such human inflicted misery...